My new book, Hope In Every Raindrop is set in the small town of Bishopville, SC. A town that has consistently remained around 3,000 people in total population. A town that Kyle Walker has never left.
When Katie Price meets Kyle Walker, there are many reasons she might fall in love with a small town guy like him, but these are the top 10.
1. Small town guys dress like real guys. No skinny jeans, capris, or turtle necks. And if there are holes in their clothes, it’s from hard work with their own hands.
2. Small town guys will have a subtle accent you’ll love.
3. Small town guys can cook. You’re not going to find a ‘fridge full of TV dinners, or a request to always eat out. You’re going to get real dinners, and they’re going to be real good.
4. Small town guys are athletic. They don’t grow up in front of a computer. They grow up playing baseball, basketball, or football.
5. Small town guys are good with their hands. They’re accustomed to fixing things on their own.
6. Small town guys are family oriented. They’ve grown up in an environment where family comes first. No matter what.
7. Small town guys won’t put their career before you. Big city guys are often forced to fend for themselves from all the corporate competition. In smaller towns, guys put their girls first.
8. Small town guys are simple. They’d rather spend the night just hanging out with you.
9. Small town guys will treat you like a lady. When was the last time a guy carried your bags, held the door open for you, or lent you his jacket? For a small town guy, the answer is always.
10. Small town guys are found in Hope In Every Raindrop!
Did I miss anything? Leave me a comment!
On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
“Small towns have big stories.” That was a lesson Katie’s father taught her years ago. A lesson she’s taken to heart. And right now, Katie is desperate for a big story. Reeling from the recent loss of her father and with her agent breathing down her neck for the next book, the twenty-one-year-old writer picks a spot on the map and finds herself bound for a middle-of-nowhere town called Bishopville, South Carolina.
Taking a chance on the words of a local grocer, Katie stumbles upon a rare breed of dogs raised by the town doctor and his nephew Kyle. The only problem? Kyle isn’t interested in telling stories—especially not to a big-city girl who can’t seem to sit still. In an attempt to win him over as the clock winds down, Katie finds herself immersed in Kyle’s world, doing everything but writing.
When inspiration finally strikes, Katie is faced with an unforeseen catastrophe and a truth she can no longer ignore. While she has come to love the dogs, the real story may be about Kyle Walker.
Wesley Banks was born in 1983 and grew up on the west coast of Florida. He graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Civil Engineering. After spending over 7 years building movable bridges from Florida to Washington he decided to focus on his true passion: writing.
Wesley recently moved from Florida to Oregon to get back to the great outdoors that he’s love so much. He lives with my wife Lindsey, and his two dogs Linkin and Story. Most of his time these days is spent writing, with as much rock climbing, hiking, or skiing as they can fit in.
Wesley’s debut novel, “Hope In Every Raindrop,” is set to be released May of 2015.
Follow the Tour
May 21st - Launch
May 22nd - Getting Your Read On & The Written Adventure
May 24th - Writing Pearls
May 25th - Words for the Journey & Story Broads
May 26th - View from the Birdhouse
May 27th - Mommabears Book Blog
May 28th - Underneath the Covers & Min Reads and Reviews
May 29th - Katie’s Clean Book Collection
May 31st - Zerina Blossom’s Books
June 1st - My Love for Reading Keeps Growing
June 2nd - A Novel Kind of Bliss
June 3rd – Grand Finale
$25 Amazon Gift Card
3 ebook copies of Hope In Every Raindrop
Ends June 8th